I’m in love with my grill…like I forgot how much I loved grilling until I’ve gone through a very long winter and haven’t been able to grill. I have a very strong feeling that my oven won’t be used very much this summer…
I did not make the noodles or the bread…I did cook the bread on the grill (which is quite amazing).
I tend to make a few of these and throw them in the freezer and just thaw it when I want to grill some BBQ chicken. Yes, I am lazy like that.
- 2 Chicken breast
- 12oz bottle of Open Pit Original BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Mix all of the ingredients into a Ziploc bag.
- Marinade overnight (at least 1 hour).
- Grill until no longer pink in the middle.
Over and out,
This isn’t a chicken taco salad, it’s a taco chicken salad.
I love tacos and anything that has to do with tacos. And since I’ve been trying to eat a little healthier, I feel like this is a great alternative to tortillas .
A taco chicken salad is chicken that has been coated in a taco seasoning and fried then put on top of a salad. A chicken taco salad is a taco salad with chicken added to it..see the difference.
It’s perfect when the chicken is warm or when the chicken is cold. I pack it for lunch the day after and I don’t reheat the chicken.
- Coat the chicken in taco seasoning and olive oil.
- Cook the chicken no longer pink in a frying pan.
- Prepare salad fixings.
- Top with chicken and dressing.
Over and out,
I really wished I had a really cool name for this recipe but I will be honest I suck at that type of creativity.
I have been cooking at home on a very very regular basis (just about every meal) for longer then I thought (it started with Lent). One of the things that I choose to do for Lent was to give up eating fast food for dinner (really in general) and cooking meals at home. That lead me to find some recipes online or in cookbooks, this is an adaptation of a recipe that I found.
Since cooking for one can be a bit of pain in the but I try to make thing that I can cook and then freeze. Some of the guys I work with ask me how I can eat the same thing two or three days in a row and the only response I have is I just can. So having some recipes that I can freeze makes me be able to have a little variety in my week.
I make sure to divide into two containers, on for dinner and one for freezer.
Make sure to label the contained with what’s inside and what temperature to set the oven and how long to cook it for.
2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 2 (14oz) cans of diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta
- 1 chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Boil and shred chicken breast.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On medium heat put olive oil, garlic and tomatoes in a sauce pan.
- Drain the noodle, using the same pot (to save on the dirty dishes), add the pasta, tomato mixture, chicken and cheese.
- If choosing to freeze divide between two containers.
- Top with more mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Place (oven safe casserole dish) in oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Over and out,