I really wished I had a really cool name for this recipe but I will be honest I suck at that type of creativity.
I have been cooking at home on a very very regular basis (just about every meal) for longer then I thought (it started with Lent). One of the things that I choose to do for Lent was to give up eating fast food for dinner (really in general) and cooking meals at home. That lead me to find some recipes online or in cookbooks, this is an adaptation of a recipe that I found.
Since cooking for one can be a bit of pain in the but I try to make thing that I can cook and then freeze. Some of the guys I work with ask me how I can eat the same thing two or three days in a row and the only response I have is I just can. So having some recipes that I can freeze makes me be able to have a little variety in my week.
I make sure to divide into two containers, on for dinner and one for freezer.
Make sure to label the contained with what’s inside and what temperature to set the oven and how long to cook it for.
2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 2 (14oz) cans of diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta
- 1 chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Boil and shred chicken breast.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On medium heat put olive oil, garlic and tomatoes in a sauce pan.
- Drain the noodle, using the same pot (to save on the dirty dishes), add the pasta, tomato mixture, chicken and cheese.
- If choosing to freeze divide between two containers.
- Top with more mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Place (oven safe casserole dish) in oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Over and out,